Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Recent News related to my blog

I think everyone has read newspaper about the little chinese girl “PUMPKIN” who was abandoned at Melbourne Train Station by the father who believed aboarded to LA afterwards. What do you think of that? The Foster parents reported that she didn't speak for 2 bloody days; I guess it was shocking for her and for the readers as well. I believe this is a “Neglecting Abuse”and perhaps the man often had argument with his wife who believed was killed by her husband. To be fighting and yelling at each other in front of the kids is also known as “Emotional Abuse”. Poor little Pumpkin, isn’t it? She still doesn’t know where her mom is and alive or dead? I wish everything would turn out better than this.

It will be very interesting to see who Pumpkin will be living with next as her grandmother is here in New Zealand waiting to take her to China and Grace who is believed Pumpkin’s half sister wants to take care of her as well.

3 comments:

christel said...

Hi Jan,

Yes, i hope the dad has loads of money - i'm sure Pumpkin can sue him for neglect when he is found.

I sometimes wonder why neglected kids cannot be adopted or at least be placed with foster parents. Often neglect goes hand in hand with financial problems. I think the law is perhaps making adoption difficult. Do u know if that is indeed the case in NZ?

christel said...

Hi there doll,

Guess what? I'm not in iwrite class but, as u can c, that does not mean that i do not think of u poor hardworking students!

Am working on my webpage and was wondering if u saw on TV3 news that the dad who allegedly killed the two babies a few months ago (Kaui?)has been refused bail. I think i also saw an article in today's NZHerald that the mother of the boy who died a while later, is going to be prosecuted - and she is quite upset as she has been assisting the police in their investigation. This is certainly a classic case of where neglect has lead to abuse and (sadly) death. Do u think people should pass a test before they may become parents? My Mandarin teacher told us recently that if a couple in China has more than one child, they have to pay a hefty (is this the right word - what does it mean?!)fine to the government.

If u have to write exams - hope it goes well!

Oh, by the way, we discussed short stories in another paper, Asian Pacific Literature, last week and as i know u read a lot, was wondering if u know the work of Pira Sudham. He has written "Monsoon Country", which includes "Shadowed Country". Am going to look 4 his books in Borders and add them to my shelf soon - shall of course also read them - so many books and so little time!!!

C4n
Christel

Jan said...

hi Christel

We were thinking about the same thing coz i was posting another blog about Nia's case. Yeah, neglecting -- we think of the same thing again!! haha... I actually missed the news about Kaui but i guess that's what he deserves. I believe in God and KAMA -- what goes around comes around.

About the adoption you mentioned earlier i heard that it's easier in America than NZ ....don't know why?

I have been to China before and met a family who has more than one child ..YES ! they told me they have to pay for the FINE, some people would say pay more TAXES but I would say it's the same thing as BRIBE, which you would see it anywhere in ASIA countries. that's bad, heh?